1. How many hours do you usually spend surfing the Internet?
2. At work, are you highly dependent on the Internet?
3. Would you consider Internet addiction as a disease?
4. What are the ways you can prevent Internet addiction?
A report in England states that thousands of patients a year wake up during an
operation. One doctor said it happens one in every 19,000 operations. They are now trying to find areas that could be improved during an operation to prevent this from happening.
1. Do you think the case of waking up during a surgery is considered carelessness on the doctor’s side?
2. Do you know someone who experienced the same incident?
3. Have you undergone a surgery in the past?
4. Would you say that doctors in your country have very high standards?
One in seven American families suffer from food insecurity. Inflation is low but the population’s ability to get healthy food is decreasing. Eating unhealthy food can cause illness such us diabetes and hypertension and food insecurity can lead people to committing crimes such us robbery and stealing.
1. What do you think people can do to address this issue in their own little ways?
2. Can you think of alternative ways to get healthy food in cheaper cost?
3. Has your country experienced such difficulty? Do you see this happening in the future?
4. How secure are the citizens of your country when it comes to their employment?
1. Do you love soaking yourself in the summer sun? Are you aware of its danger?
2. Have you experienced health related issues due to high temperature?
3. What activities do you enjoy doing during the summer?
4. How do you keep cool when the weather gets too hot?
Lies are part of human nature. Cliché, but true. It can be inevitable in some instances especially when you have personal reasons. How would you detect if someone is lying to you? Watch this interesting video.
Click on CC on the video to watch the clip with subtitles.
1. How about you? How can you tell when your colleagues or friends are being dishonest to you?
2. Were there times when you told a lie to impress someone? Or maybe lied to avoid hurting someone’s feelings?
3. Share some of your funny experiences about lying.
People usually have preconceived ideas of men’s or women’s characteristics, traits, habits or roles in general. Have you ever wondered what causes gender stereotypes and how it all started? Watch this video to see our history.
1. Can you name a few stereotypes of men and women?
2. Have you been a victim of a stereotype?
3. Do you witness gender discrimination in your workplace?
1. How would you react to your mother if you were Indra?
2. Do you agree that women can’t have it all?
3. What are our thoughts when it comes to the food trends in our present generation?
4. How would you describe your eating and cooking habits?