Ya falta poco para ver como este año, el presidente de los EE.UU. indulta a un pavo que tendrá sus 2 minutos de gloria, y de esta forma, da comienzo al día de Acción de Gracias.
Es una de las pocas fiestas nacionales que hay en Estados Unidos, ya que, por la diversidad cultural y religiosa del país, ni siquiera la Navidad la celebra todo el mundo igual (vease Hanukkah o Kwanzaa) de ahí la importancia que se le da. Todo el país puede disfrutar de un día libre y reunirse con familiares y amigos sea cual sea el rincón en el que vivan, por lo que mucha gente viaja para encontrarse con sus seres queridos.
1. What did Lauren Singer do to eliminate trash?
2. How has her life improved since she went trash free?
3. With your current lifestyle, do you think this is something you can do?
4. How do you try to live with less clutter?
1. Is Home Exchange interesting to you? Why or why not?
2. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of participating in this kind of service?
3. What accommodations do you prefer when you travel?
1. Are you guilty of any of these attitudes?
2. What is the danger of over-committing?
3. Do you have colleagues who have a rigid attitude? How do you deal with them?
4. How can we fix or solve complacency?
1. Does your country have problems with undocumented immigrants?
2. What are ways to solve a country’s problem on illegal immigration?
3. Do you think that parents who are undocumented should be deported?
4. What are the advantages of deportation?
Finding a job is hard. But perhaps harder is passing a job interview, especially if competition is tough. Always let a job interview show the best of you and avoid being pressed for unnecessary information about yourself that could lead to discrimination.
Here are some questions that employers may ask applicants that are actually stepping on their boundaries.
1. Share your job interview experiences. What kind of questions were you asked?
2. Has an employer ever made you uncomfortable answering their questions?
3. What was the most outrageous question that you were asked in a job interview?
4. Aside from the questions mentioned above, what questions during job interviews do you think shouldn’t be asked?
1. Would you say that college or university education is affordable in your country?
2. What degrees are top earners in your country?
3. How’s the job market in your country these days?
4. What alternatives does your country have if a person cannot afford to attend university?
1. Do you think this kind of test can be useful in your country? Why or why not?
2. How else can this test be useful?
3. What psychological disorders do you know of? Please briefly discuss them.
4. Do you think more studies should focus on psychological disorders? Why or why not?
Banks are where we keep our savings. We always ensure our money is kept in good hands. What if the bank you choose as your partner is run by inmates and the manager himself is a convict? Find out more about this one of a kind “Prison bank”.
1. What are the things you consider in choosing a bank?
2. Can a convict trust a fellow convict?
3. Will you entrust your savings to a criminal?
4. What is the advantage of giving responsibilities to inmates?
5. In your country, do the prisons have programs for inmates?
1. Describe a situation at work or in your personal life wherein you had to start from scratch.
2. Are you the type of person who takes the bull by the horns?
3. Are you interested in working on your own startup?
4. Describe a topic or a field that you would know inside out.
5. Do you agree that it’s a dog eat dog world out there?