1. What do you think are the consequences if neighborhood pubs continue to close?
2. Does your city have very strict laws when it comes to planning and building?
3. Do you think there’s too many commercial spaces in your neighborhood?
4. If it was in your power, what changes would you make in your city?
Implanting Microchips has always raised issues worldwide. Is it ethical and are we really ready for it? In Sweden this year, the newly opened Epicenter office complex in Stockholm makes this chip implant possible.
Check the video and share your thoughts.
1. What do you think about being chipped? Is it ethical?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a microchip implant?
3. Would you voluntary have one under your skin?
Most parents around the globe have the same struggle of understanding a teenager’s behavior. Teens are often misunderstood. Even if we, ourselves, became teenagers once, we are still baffled by how they conduct themselves.
Read the article below to get a better picture of why teenagers act as such.
1. Have you been in this stage where you feel no one understands you?
2. How would you describe yourself as a teenager?
3. How would you differentiate teenagers during your time and teenagers of today?
4. What do you think is the best way to raise teenagers?
They say that “travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” If this is true, then you can say this guy is quite rich. Read on as he tells us some peculiar habits that he has learned from his experiences visiting and living in different places in the world.
1. Talk about three strangest habits you’ve acquired or observed from visiting or living in a different country?
2. How do you adapt to differences in customs and traditions?
3. Which habit mentioned in this blog would you like to pick up?
Paternity leave is the time a father takes a leave off work at the birth or adoption of a child. This kind of leave is rarely paid. Some companies offer new dads paid time off ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
Read the article and watch the video clip to know how other countries are allowing their new parents to spend time with their children.
1. After reading the article, do you think that your country should make changes when it comes to parental leaves?
2. Do you know anyone who decided to have a maternity (or paternity) leave for a year to focus on rearing the child?
3. How long do you think is the ideal time off for a paternity leave?
Becoming more aware of body language can help us communicate with other people more effectively. You can understand what other people are saying even when they are not talking. We can convey strong feelings that are too difficult to express in words.
Read the article then answer the quiz on the site to check your comprehension. Feel free to listen to the audio while reading.
1. Do you notice people’s body language when you speak with them?
2. Are you careful with your body language in important settings like a meeting or a job interview?
3. Are you more expressive in your words or in your actions?
With certain jobs that require sitting in front of the computer for long hours, it is important that we know how proper posture plays a role in keeping us healthy and ache-free.
Let’s find out more about the proper sitting posture and the good effects of it to our health and body. Feel free to listen to the audio clip while reading. Answer the quiz on the site as well to check your comprehension.
1. Can you say that you have good posture?
2. Do you try to do some stretches in the middle of the day when you feel like your body is getting tired?
3. What are some of the exercises you do to keep your muscles in shape?
Unedited images of Beyonce have circulated over the Internet showing the famous singer’s natural looks. Reactions to the leaked photos have been mixed, and discussions have begun anew regarding the representation of women in television and print media.
Click the link below and be ready to express your thoughts about this topic.
1. How does photo editing in advertisements affect women’s self-image?
2. According to one interview in the video, what were the reactions to Beyonce’s unedited photos?
3. Why do you think celebrity photos are often edited?
4. Should we edit the selfies that we upload to social network sites? Why or why not?