When it comes to renewable energy, Denmark aims high. By 2020, the country would like to get half of its energy from the wind. There are hopes that there will be environmental focus to inspire people to go green.
Watch the video below to know more about some of the efforts that Denmark is doing to be a greener country.
1. According to the video, what are organizations doing to be environmentally conscious?
2. Do you think that your country is working on the same issue as well?
3. Is having a green house something that you’re interested in?
Shopping is fun. For women, mostly, it is a time to bond with friends and family members. On the other hand, if you let your impulse get the best of you, your love for purchase can do you more harm than good.
Read the article below to know more about the facts of being a shopaholic.
1. Based on the information in the article, would you consider yourself a shopaholic?
2. Do you know anyone who might be a shopaholic?
3. Do you agree that women and men suffer from the problem equally?
4. Do you agree that anxiety and low self-esteem cause compulsive buying? Why/not?
5. What solutions are there for people who are shopaholics? How can they be helped?
1. Describe some of the beautiful places that you’ve visited in the past.
2. Do you often travel? What do you like most about travelling?
3. Have you been to Venice? If you have, describe your trip. If you haven’t, is this city on your bucket list of places to visit?
1. What are some of the very common fruits that you have in your country?
2. Talk about some of the food products that your country exports.
3. What are some of your preferences when it comes to fruits and vegetables and how do you like to eat them?
1. What are some of the rights that you enjoy as a woman in your country?
2. In your country, do you think that the government should pass more laws for women and children?
3. How are the women viewed in your society?
Venezuela is famously known for its beautiful people. But, like any other country, Venezuela struggles with poverty and citywide housing shortage. The Tower of David is a glimpse of some issues that the country is facing.
1. Is poverty an issue in your country?
2. How is your government taking care of the housing needs of the citizens?
3. What do you think are some of the best ways to address poverty in the middle of an economic recession?
In Southern California, a group of wealthy Chinese teenagers have a very interesting way of getting together. Watch this short video and express your thoughts about it.
1. What thoughts came in to your mind while watching the video?
2. In your country, how do the rich and famous “flaunt” their lifestyles?
3. If you were a wealthy person, how would you spend your money?
1. What do you think of not allowing foreign food in a city?
2. Are there many foreign restaurants in your city? Which one is your favourite?
3. How can cities and regions preserve their food traditions?