Americans are turning their backs on McDonald’s. With lower sales for six straight quarters, one of the largest fast-food chain’s new British CEO’s main task now is to entice Americans to remain drawn to eating their burgers, among their other food products.
1. Share some of your past travel stories. Have you had bad experiences?
2. What are some of the countries that you have visited and which would you like to visit again? Why?
3. What do you like most about travelling and what do you least like about it?
Many people increasingly utilize social Networks such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. These networks allow users to publish details about themselves and their lives and also connect to their friends and colleagues. However some of the information revealed in these networks should remain private and not published at all.
Click the title below to practice your speaking skills and talk about using social media. Be ready to discuss new phrases and to answer discussion questions.
1. According to the video, in what specific areas do American women lag behind their foreign counterparts when it comes to gender equality?
2. Based on the video, what countries are leading the way in terms of women’s rights?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being the highest), how would you rate your country’s efforts to provide better opportunities for its women?
1. What is the concern raised in the article?
2. What do you think should be the primary roles of schools?
3. Describe the educational system of your country.
4. How would you describe the welfare program for poor people in your country?
5. If you could, what changes or improvements would you implement in your country’s educational or social systems?
There have been numerous studies about sitting too long at work and how it can affect our health. It has been suggested that walking around helps your health. But how long of a walk is considered enough to break the habit of prolonged sitting?
Read the article below then be ready to express your thoughts about staying in good shape.
K-pop or Korean pop music is big in Asia and is now spreading to some European countries. But, in South Korea, K-pop is more than just music. Read the article below and discover how the government of South Korea treats their music industry.
This resource includes an audio clip so feel free to listen to the audio as well.
1. Are you familiar with K-pop? Describe the music industry in your country.
2. Who are some of the very famous musicians in your country? Talk about your preferences in music.
3. Talk about some of the industries in your country that are doing very well or are being taken care of by the government.