BBC Trending features Em Ford, a fashion blogger who suffers from a skin problem and reveals the comments she received from her audience. People have given negative comments whether she’s with or without make up.
Watch the video then answer some discussion questions.
1. What do you think of the video?
2. How would you define beauty?
3. Is wearing makeup a necessity? Does it really make us more beautiful?
4. Why do you think people bully others for their appearance?
1. Talk about a time when you sensed something fishy.
2. Describe a situation when you were able to kill two birds with one stone.
3. What’s the advantage of taking the bull by the horns? What’s the disadvantage?
4. Is it difficult for you to hold your horses?
1. Talk about a time you passed an exam or a course with flying colors.
2. Was there a time you had to roll the red carpet for someone?
3. At work, who gives the green light?
4. Would you say that you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth?
Are apples like people that they fall from trees? Watch and listen carefully to the video to understand what this idiom means.
1. In your own words explain the idiom.
2. Would you say the same thing about you and your parent/s? How about you and your child?
3. Do you know someone (a friend or a relative) who doesn’t fall far from the family tree?
Do you trust your police force? Watch as people from different parts of the globe express their opinions and share their experiences on their country’s protectors.
1. How would you rate the performance of your country’s police force?
2. What changes would you like to be implemented when it comes to protecting the welfare of citizens?
3. Have you ever been treated unfairly by someone in authority?
1. If you had the chance or the opportunity what business would you like to set up?
2. Describe a time when a meeting was called off and why it happened.
3. Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work and what you did to resolve it.
4. What are some of the reasons leaders at work have to step down?
1. During the economic crisis, what were some of the things that your company had to cut back on?
2. Are there any reports that you have to hand in at the end of the day/month?
3. In your profession or industry, what are some of the things you look out for to be able to do a good job?
4. At work, who are some of the people you count on?
1. What are the secrets of the people in California when it comes to living longer?
2. Do you like the idea of getting old up to hundred?
3. What are the physical signs of getting old?
4. What have you learned from the people who were interviewed from this short video clip?