Everyone goes through different things in life everyday. One could be shocked and sad of a bad news, others could be determined and hopeful for better days.
Would you treat them differently if you could see what they are going through?
1. How would you explain the words sympathy, empathy and apathy?
2. Would you consider yourself a sympathetic person?
3. How do you handle social and emotional stress?
4. When going through a difficult situation, do you prefer sharing your problems or do you prefer keeping it to yourself?
Used to be that bullying ended when one was off school premises. However, with the ubiquitous nature of social media and mobile technology, more and more students are subject to bullying even within the confines of their homes.
Read about one country’s educational system’s efforts to address the problem that is bullying.
1. In your opinion, which is worst: bullying in person, or bullying online? Why do you think so?
2. Do schools and universities in your country have a clear policy in regard to dealing with bullying among students?
3. Do schools or universities in your country educate or inform children about bullying?
1. Do you think that computer games can be unhealthy or do you think there are good things that you can get out of it?
2. What are some computer games that you’ve played?
3. If you’re a parent, what rules do you have for your child/children when it comes to computer games?
4. Do you think the government or certain government bodies should be involved in regulating computer games?
> What are some of the reasons people resort to getting their daily meals at food banks?
> How do food banks work?
> Aside from getting food what are other benefits from going to food banks?
> What do you think about “open door” access?
> What are your thoughts on this: “Food bank users suffer more from shame than from hunger.”
> Talk about food banks or similar organizations in your country.
> How else can we help fight hunger?
Happiness, as defined by Wikipedia, is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. Many research groups are using the scientific method to research what happiness is, and how we can get it.
1. How would you define happiness?
2. Do you think that happiness lies within you? Or does it depend upon other people and external things?
3. What do you think is the difference between happiness and joy?
4. Describe a holiday or another event where you felt truly happy.
1. Have you ever (or do you often) drink energy drinks?
2. Do you think energy drinks are dangerous?
3. Why do you think energy drinks are becoming so popular?
4. Caffeine is an addictive drug. Why is it legal when other harmful drugs are illegal?
A nice t-shirt for only 2 euros sounds like a really good bargain. But, is it really?
Watch the video and discover why this “good buy” comes at a cost for the lowly third world sewers who make them.
1. When buying clothes, what things do you consider?
2. What do you think can be done to help improve the situation of sweatshop workers in third world countries?
3. Is there an advocacy or cause that you support? If you do, explain why you support it.
In Spain, tourists have been spending billions of Euros from January to July alone.
This is said to be helping the country recover from the economic crisis. However, some top Spanish vacation destinations have experienced drawbacks from the heavy influx of tourists in the recent years, forcing authorities to impose stern measures to control the situation.
1. What do you think leads to more tourists coming to your country?
2. Do you think tourism helped a lot in improving Spain’s economic condition?
3. What are the benefits and drawbacks of tourism?
4. What other places in Spain should be developed for tourism?
1. How often do you think you lie? Is it too much?
2. What are some of the reasons you’ve lied recently?
3. Do you think lies hold society together? Why/not?
4. What situations would it be better to lie than to tell the truth? Why do you think so?
5. Do you think one gender lies more than the other? Why/not?