Mayo Clinic says half of adults snore. Snoring is breathing when asleepwith some harsh or snortingnoises that is causedbyvibrationof thesoftpalate inside our mouths. It can cause serious health issues.
Watch the video below to find out about the high tech anti-snoring device.
1. Who is Olive Horell and what is her experience?
2. Does your company participate in any social- civic activity?
3. What are some of the programs that your city or region has for senior citizens?
4. What are some of the charitable organizations that you support, or would like to support?
1. Is it fair that companies have the right to hike the price of their product as much as they desire?
2. How do you think consumers should be protected from any price hike of commodities?
3. Are pharmaceutical products in Spain affordable?
Columbus Day is known as the most disputed holiday in the US. For the Native Americans, Columbus was very devastating to them, as he enslaved the natives and caused depression in the place. Columbus’ critics say that he did not land in America on that day and he did not discover America because it has long been inhabited by the natives.
Read the article below and be ready to have a discussion.
1. Is Christopher Columbus celebrated as an important person in Spanish history?
2. What is your opinion about the Americans dispute about “Columbus Day”?
3. Is there any controversial or disputed holiday in Spain?
1. Are you diet- conscious?
2. The article mentions dementia. What do you know about dementia?
3. How do you think poor memory affects ones life?
4. Do you think taking supplements is a good idea, or should you get your vitamins from just food?
Everyone goes through different things in life everyday. One could be shocked and sad of a bad news, others could be determined and hopeful for better days.
Would you treat them differently if you could see what they are going through?
1. How would you explain the words sympathy, empathy and apathy?
2. Would you consider yourself a sympathetic person?
3. How do you handle social and emotional stress?
4. When going through a difficult situation, do you prefer sharing your problems or do you prefer keeping it to yourself?
September of 2015, Germans gave a warm welcome to migrants and refugees who reached Munich. They are willing to help them have a decent home and education but the growing number of migrants and refugees is also alarming on their part.
Jainism is an ancient religion which still exists and practised by a large number of people in India. Jains have a controversial practice in which they stop eating and drinking with the intention of preparing for death.
Read the article below to see how the government of India is responding to Jainism’s method of moving on to the after life.
1. What is your own perspective about this controversy?
2. When do you think it’s right for the state (government) to intervene against any religious practice?
3. In your country, what are the different religions or faiths that are practiced?
A study shows that many people spend half the day daydreaming or have their minds wander instead of concentrating on what they are doing. Most of those who daydream are the ones not happy at the moment like those who are working.