1. What are three things you do to protect your apartment or home from burglary?
2. Do you need advanced systems like motion detectors to protect your dwelling, or is a watch dog enough?
3. What are other good ways to protect yourself and your home from burglary?
“Health is wealth.” is a common English expression. But how can we maintain good health in the midst of our busy lives? Apparently, we can. All we need to do is to be aware of what we are eating. Find out from this link about a new study of packaging in fast food restaurants.
1. Summarize what was written in the article.
2. Take a look at the pictures and make comments.
3. What are the side effects of fluorine in our body?
4. What should we do to avoid exposure from fluorine in fast food restaurants?
5. What are the long term effects of taking care of your health?
Watch the video below about how three women decided to conduct an experiment related to gender differences. Express your thoughts afterwards.
1. What is manspreading? What is your viewpoint on this?
2. Is this behaviour natural or is it just an I-can-do-what-I-want attitude?
3. How do you react when a woman beside you spreads her legs when sitting?
4. Is there such thing as gender-based accepted behaviour?
5. How did the women feel about this experiment?
1. When was the last time you were under the weather and had to stay home?
2. Describe a time you were over the moon? What happened?
3. Do you sometimes get butterflies in your stomach?
4. Talk about a time you bought something that cost you an arm and a leg.
“With plastic, man is faced with another brainchild run amok. At times it seems that technology cannot exist without it. Plastic may seem indispensable; it is also virtually undisposable. When man is through with it, he is hard put to get rid of it. The plastic that holds a six-pack of beer cans together might last anywhere from 450 to 1,000 years.” (Oceans – Precious Resource or Global Sewer?)
Watch the short video below then express your thoughts about trash polluting our oceans.
1. How would you describe the video?
2. What do you think will happen to our oceans in the future?
3. Is it possible to completely stop the use of plastic?
4. Does your city have its own initiative to lessen the use of plastic? Help the environment?
1. How would you explain credibility?
2. What is the audio saying about credibility?
3. Why are principles and values important?
4. Explain the importance of admitting mistakes? What should you do afterward?
The Internet is like any other tool that can be useful or harmful. Many young people, including adults, find themselves addicted to the Internet. What is an Internet addiction? Can it really cause mental health problems?
Read the article below then express your thoughts.
1. What do you think of Internet addiction? Do you think it is possible to be addicted to the Internet?
2. Can Internet addiction lead to more serious mental health problems?
3. Do you rely on the Internet for work? Are you able to “switch-off” or stay away from the Internet?
4. Discuss the following issues related to the Internet: Cyber-bullying Identity theft Online gambling
Domestic violence isn’t just about physical abuse. It includes emotional abuse and it affects the whole family. One in three women are affected by domestic violence in Australia.
Watch the video below then share your thoughts.
1. How would you describe the husband during the first part of the video? How about the wife?
2. Is domestic violence a big problem in your country?
3. What are the necessary steps to solve domestic violence?
4. Are there organizations in your country helping domestic violence victims and survivors?
Most people today claim to be extremely busy. They generally regard themselves as being busy even if they are not. No one wants to admit to idleness and laziness. It may also be that people are aware that there are so many possible things to do that they feel compelled to do them all.
What keeps you busy? Answer the questions below and express your opinions.
1. What is your busiest day of the week?
2. Do you like to be busy, or do you like to have an easy schedule?
3. What takes up most of your time?
4. Do you think you manage your time wisely?
5. Do you manage time, or does time manage you?
Bullying is becoming alarmingly widespread. Schools and the government have started to get involved. Watch the video below to know how a person is affected by bullying and what people can do to cope and protect themselves.
1. According to the video, why are people bullied?
2. What facts did you gather from the video about bullying?
3. How are people bullied?
4. What is the effect of bullying to the victim?
5. How can we beat a bully without using a fist?