Grammar – B2 – Upper intermediate
Idiomatic expressions make the conversation more colorful. Read the article below about success and be ready to discuss the different idiomatic expressions used in the article.
1. Describe a situation at work or in your personal life wherein you had to start from scratch.
2. Are you the type of person who takes the bull by the horns?
3. Are you interested in working on your own startup?
4. Describe a topic or a field that you would know inside out.
5. Do you agree that it’s a dog eat dog world out there?
C1 – Advanced
We are what we eat. But are what we eating harming our planet?
Read the article to know more about the scientific relationship of food and our environment.
1. Do you like meat and dairy products?
2. What meat or dairy product do you like the most?
3. Do you believe that food production has real significant effect on the environment? Explain.
4. How do you think you can reduce the environmental cost of the food you eat?
B2 – Upper intermediate
What was the best birthday present you’ve ever received? Read the article below to learn about a father’s unusual birthday present to her young daughter.
1. What can you say about the father?
2. Would you do the same thing if you were the parent?
3. What was the most extreme thing you’ve done/given for a birthday gift?
4. How do you think the father’s actions will affect the child? Describe your idea of good parenting.