The European Union brought on a lot of changes. One of them is the change of currency. 2017 marks the 15th year for the euro currency. Was it a good idea? Will it last for many more years? Click the link below to watch the video and express your thoughts about it.
1. What did the video say about the challenges of the euro currency?
2. What do you remember about the events in your country when your currency changed to euro?
3. Why do you think the United Kingdom decided to keep the British pound when they joined the EU?
4. What is your opinion of having one currency?
1. Who is Emmeline Pankhurst and what is her contribution to society?
2. Who are some of the historically important people in your country? What changes did they make?
3. Would you say that women in your country have a very strong voice?
4. According to the podcast, how did suffragettes behave to get noticed?
5. Who are some of the people you consider as role models?
1. How do you feel about superhero films?
2. What are some of the superhero films that you think are actually good?
3. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
4. Do you think such films are good for children? Are they bad for children?
5. Did you read comic books when you were a child? Have you heard of manga comic books?
What pops in your head when you hear the the term “globalization”? Does it give out a positive vibe or more of a negative connotation?
Click the link below and express your thoughts about globalization and other topics related to it. Be ready to practice your sentence construction during the activity. Be ready to support your answers with an explanation.
“Health is wealth.” “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” These are just some famous sayings we have about health. It is no secret that people want have a full life – a healthy life. How do you take care of yours?
Click the link below and answer the different questions related to health. This activity will help practice your sentence construction.
The safety of travellers and drivers on the road have always been a priority. From building better road infrastructure to using technology to ensure a driver’s safety.
Watch the video below to know more of how advanced technology is upping its game when it comes to road safety. Be ready to express your thoughts about it.
1. How do smart-roads work? How can roads communicate with cars?
2. According to the video, what are the benefits of self-driving cars?
3. Which states in the US are already working on smart-roads?
4. What are your thoughts on self-driving cars?
5. Do you think smart-roads will work in your country?
This video is meant to practice your listening comprehension. Watch and listen carefully and be ready to answer comprehension questions. You’ll also be able to practice your speaking skills by describing processes.
1. Why does the cook like using buckwheat?
2. Why does the cook prefer using a shallow pan over a deeper one for her cake?
3. According to the video, what does it mean when a cake is a “damp cake”?
4. What did Melissa mean when she used the expressions “…go to town.” and “It’s your canvass.”?
5. Do you enjoy cakes and pastries? What are some of your favourites?
6. Describe a dessert dish that you enjoy making.
Bike lanes, IKEA and Absolut Vodka. These are what Sweden is famously known for, among others. But what else do we know about Sweden? What do Swedes like about their country? Watch the video below and be ready for a discussion.
1. Describe education in Sweden.
2. What are the benefits of parents in Sweden?
3. How would you describe work-life balance of the Swedes?
4. What are some of the challenges Sweden is currently facing?
5. Are you happy with the educational system of your country? How about the benefits that parents in your country receive?
Watch the video below and learn how to use the expression “I’m dead meat”. Be ready to answer some discussion question as well.
1. Explain the expression “I am dead meat”.
2. Why did the character in the video say that he is “dead meat?”
3. What are other situations you can use the expression “I am dead meat”?
4. Describe a time you were in trouble or in a middle of a difficult situation.
There is a growing curiosity and intrigue about how life goes on in North Korea. A handful of reporters and journalists have attempted to record and document the existence of settlers from the other side of the border.
Watch the video below then be ready for a discussion.
1. After watching the video, how would you describe living conditions in North Korea? Why do you think it is called the Hermit Kingdom?
2. Describe education of children in North Korea.
3. What punishment does a North Korean citizen get if he or she talks against the government?
4. How did you react after watching the video?
5. Why do you think some citizens still choose to stay in North Korea despite the harsh living conditions?