C2 – Proficient – Job Interview
Apart from having a great resume and more than enough knowledge and experience for the dream job, personality is certainly very important to secure that position that you have been vying for. So, what are the kinds of personality traits that employers are seeking?
1. How can you show professionalism during the interview?
2. Why is having high energy important for employers?
3. How can you exhibit that you are intellectually curious?
C1 – Advanced
We make decisions every day. Each of us react differently to different situations and knowing ourselves more enables us to make decisions that are best for us and those around us.
1. Do you agree with the article?
2. How do you make decisions?
3. What was the most difficult decision that you’ve had to make?
C2 – Proficient
Read and watch the interview of Indra K. Nooyi and know more about her work ethics and what it is to be a CEO of a multinational company.
Make a list of vocabulary words and expressions.
1. How would you react to your mother if you were Indra?
2. Do you agree that women can’t have it all?
3. What are our thoughts when it comes to the food trends in our present generation?
4. How would you describe your eating and cooking habits?
C1 – Advanced
In 1937, the book “Think and Grow Rich” was a big hit. Everybody wanted to be rich and the book gave tips on how to be so. Could it still be practical today? Read the article and express your thoughts about it.
Be ready to explain the different idiomatic expressions used in the article. Feel free to listen to the audio clip as well.
1. What does the expression “Money is the root of all evil” mean?
2. How would you explain the phrase “Money makes the world go round”?
3. Do you consider yourself thrifty or a spendthrift?
4. What are the ways in which we can save money?