Image is everything.First impression makes a quick judgement about someone based on their appearance or facial expression after meeting them for only a short time,and most likely their opinions will never change.Trustworthiness, dominance and attractiveness are the three big things that we form impressions of people.Making a good first impression is incredibly important, because you only get one shot at it.
It’s no wonder that the English language is so full of words that we can use to say that we may seldom repeat a word to express how we feel.Here are 10 great alternatives that you can use the word “good” to improve your English vocabulary that are fine to use in formal settings, such as the workplace, or among people or more informal settings, or when you’re trying to be friendly and express more emotion of affection.
Let’s look into learning new vocabulary words in the article below:
National language drives national unity in any country, even if there are hundreds of other languages and dialects present in the state. Apart from a name, a boundary, a currency, or a flag, a national language makes a county respectable. National language clearly indicates the national character of a country. If you want to penetrate and understand profoundly into a society, you must know how to speak and write their language.
Do you think this measure is an act of ethnic discrimination or a measure to educate everyone in the country to speak one common language?
Is it important to have one national language known and used by everyone in the country?
How many languages are spoken in your country?
1. What do you think would happen if the internet stopped for a day? According to the article, what would happen if the internet stopped for a day?
2. How much do you use the internet?
3. What uses do you have for it?
4. What may be the advantages and disadvantages of a “kill switch”?
5. What do you do alternatively when you’re not online?
After few weeks or a month-long holiday some employees feel sad and depress of the workload that they left. This sensation is called post-vacation syndrome (PVS) or post-vacation blues it is a type of mood that persons returning home from a long trip (usually a vacation) may experience.
In this video, we will tackle how to overcome Post-Vacation Blues and bounce back immediately after your summer vacation. Watch the video below and be ready to answer the questions that follow.
1. What are the symptoms of post-vacation syndrome?
2. What are the ways to prevent PVS according to the video?
3. Do you sometimes spend time working for few hours during your vacation?
4. Do you have a lot of work load after your vacation?
5. What do you think are the pros and cons of “Workcation” (working from a vacation destination)?
It is summertime again and what better way to cool off on a hot summer’s day than to go to the beach? If you find yourself in Europe this summer, here are ten beaches that would make your vacation a memorable one.
Let’s read the article and start a discussion about it. Please it through the link below:
1. Have you ever been to the beaches listed in the article? If not, which beach would you like to visit and why?
2. What’s the nicest beach you’ve ever been to? Please share your experience.
3. What’s your favorite activity to do at the beach? Why?
4. What do you think is the best way to spend your summer vacation?
5. Do you prefer summer or winter vacations? Why?
1. Describe Allan Hennessy.
2. What are his challenges and how did he overcome them?
3. What is his life story about?
4. What lessons did you learn from his life?
5. Have you ever broken free from labels and stereotypes?
1. Why is important for managers to have the said skills?
2. What other traits do you associate with great managers?
3. What is the worst trait you’ve experienced?
4. Talk about a situation where the team failed, how did you/your team/your manager handle it?
5. Do you think anyone who is excellent at his job can be a leader?