1. Why are employees at Pivotal Software required to report to work at exactly 9:06 AM?
2. What do you think of this idea?
3. Would you like such rule to be implemented in your company? Why or why not?
4. Describe your work hours and your typical work day.
5. What are the things that you do to increase your productivity at work?
Work-life balance refers to the balance between a person’s career and his or her personal life. Many people work longer hours and have fewer holidays and days off, in part because of globalization, outsourcing, and a loss of job security. As a result, employees have less time for personal interests, friends and family. Such an imbalance can lead to reduced productivity, depression and high levels of stress. Although the employee makes the choice to work longer hours, the corporate culture is also responsible. Companies should educate their workers on the importance of a healthy work-life balance.
Watch the video carefully and be able to answer the discussion questions below:
Advice is usually a recommendation about what might be thought, said, or otherwise done to address a problem, make a decision, or manage a situation. Everyone needs to ask advice at some stage in their lives, whether it is from family, friends, colleagues, or another trusted individual. Likewise, we all offer advice, assistance and support to someone in need of guidance at some point in time.
Click the link and watch the video. Be able to answer the discussion question that follows:
A game is structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. A toy is an object that can be used for play. Unlike games, there are no rules involved in playing with a toy.
Please click the link and watch the video. Be able to answer the discussion questions below:
Do you feel very worried when dealing with anything related to mathematics? If your answer is yes, keep this in mind: “anxiety is not a reflection of your ability”.
Watch this Ted-Ed video and learn more about mathematical anxiety, what causes it and what the best ways are to deal with it:
1. Explain the concept “growth mindset”. Do you agree with this?
2. What can you do when you suffer from math anxiety?
3. What problems did you have in math and how were you able to conquer it?
4. Are boys innately better at math than girls?
5. What were your best and weakest subjects when you were a student? Why do you think that is?
In Japan, the authorities have been encouraging the older people to give up their licenses to reduce traffic related accidents that involve seniors. A funeral discount is given to them to do the trick. What do you think of this initiative? How successful do you think this strategy will be?
1. How safe are the roads in your country?
2. Who are the most dangerous drivers in your country?
3. What would you do to make roads safer?
4. Should seniors have stickers on their cars to warn other drivers?
5. Should there be an age at which people should stop driving?
6. What kind or driver are you?
On holidays, it’s natural to feel a longing for times gone by—a childhood spent singing carols or meals spent with now departed loved ones. Recently, scientists have explored the bittersweet feeling of nostalgia, finding that it serves a positive function, improving mood and possibly mental health.
Watch and listen carefully to the video and be ready to answer the questions:
1. What makes you nostalgic?
2. How often do you feel nostalgic and how does it affect you? Does it affect you in a positive way or in a negative way?
3. In your own opinion, Is nostalgia good or bad? Explain your answer.
1. What is the “mehrieh” system and how is it affecting husbands?
2. What is the Iranian government doing to combat the problems in the “mehrieh” system?
3. Does your country have very strict rules when it comes to divorce and separation?
4. Are there cultural practices in your country regarding marriage that you think should be changed?
Having good posture is imperative to have good health. Along with eating right and getting enough sleep, correct posture will help you be more physically fit.
Watch the video below to know how our posture affects our health.
1. What do you think about your posture? Is it good or bad?
2. According to the video, what does good posture look like?
3. What are the causes of poor posture? What are it effects?
4. How can one achieve a good posture?