1. Who is Emmeline Pankhurst and what is her contribution to society?
2. Who are some of the historically important people in your country? What changes did they make?
3. Would you say that women in your country have a very strong voice?
4. According to the podcast, how did suffragettes behave to get noticed?
5. Who are some of the people you consider as role models?
1. How do you feel about superhero films?
2. What are some of the superhero films that you think are actually good?
3. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
4. Do you think such films are good for children? Are they bad for children?
5. Did you read comic books when you were a child? Have you heard of manga comic books?
What pops in your head when you hear the the term “globalization”? Does it give out a positive vibe or more of a negative connotation?
Click the link below and express your thoughts about globalization and other topics related to it. Be ready to practice your sentence construction during the activity. Be ready to support your answers with an explanation.
“Health is wealth.” “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” These are just some famous sayings we have about health. It is no secret that people want have a full life – a healthy life. How do you take care of yours?
Click the link below and answer the different questions related to health. This activity will help practice your sentence construction.
India is known worldwide as an outsourcing country of choice by many multinational companies for almost any kind of services.
In addition to this, India is also popular for surrogacy. In fact, it is dubbed as the “surrogacy hub” of the world, where couples who are having troubles conceiving their own children, go to in order to hire a local woman to get pregnant with their baby.
Recently, the Indian government unveils its plans to regulate this multi-billion industry.
1. Why is commercial surrogacy attractive to surrogate mothers?
2. What are your thoughts on this opinion about surrogacy: “It’s immoral to bear another child” when there are already a lot of children viable for adoption?
3. What do you think of India’s plans to control this form of international tourism in their country?
The government of Venezuela has decided to confiscate some toys from a distributor to give them to children for free or at discounted prices in time for Christmas. Do you think the government has the right to do this? Read the article and let’s discuss.
1. What is your general opinion of the article?
2. How important are toys to children?
3. What are some of the toys that you enjoyed during your childhood?
4. What can you say about the toys of children today?
5. Is the government right to take the toys for the children?
The safety of travellers and drivers on the road have always been a priority. From building better road infrastructure to using technology to ensure a driver’s safety.
Watch the video below to know more of how advanced technology is upping its game when it comes to road safety. Be ready to express your thoughts about it.
1. How do smart-roads work? How can roads communicate with cars?
2. According to the video, what are the benefits of self-driving cars?
3. Which states in the US are already working on smart-roads?
4. What are your thoughts on self-driving cars?
5. Do you think smart-roads will work in your country?
This video is meant to practice your listening comprehension. Watch and listen carefully and be ready to answer comprehension questions. You’ll also be able to practice your speaking skills by describing processes.
1. Why does the cook like using buckwheat?
2. Why does the cook prefer using a shallow pan over a deeper one for her cake?
3. According to the video, what does it mean when a cake is a “damp cake”?
4. What did Melissa mean when she used the expressions “…go to town.” and “It’s your canvass.”?
5. Do you enjoy cakes and pastries? What are some of your favourites?
6. Describe a dessert dish that you enjoy making.
Bike lanes, IKEA and Absolut Vodka. These are what Sweden is famously known for, among others. But what else do we know about Sweden? What do Swedes like about their country? Watch the video below and be ready for a discussion.
1. Describe education in Sweden.
2. What are the benefits of parents in Sweden?
3. How would you describe work-life balance of the Swedes?
4. What are some of the challenges Sweden is currently facing?
5. Are you happy with the educational system of your country? How about the benefits that parents in your country receive?
Beauty and being beautiful has been a misleading issue to men and women alike. Dozens and hundreds of campaigns have been launched to remind people of how beauty can be relative. But what is beauty?
Answer the questions below and be ready to have a speaking activity with your teacher.
1. Do you think beauty is the same for every person?
2. Do you think that different cultures think about beauty differently?
3. What do you think of plastic surgery?
4. What is the most common plastic surgery in your country?
5. What does “Beauty is only skin deep.” mean?
6. What kind of beauty contests are popular in your country? Do they have beauty contests for men too?
7. Do you personally know anyone who have gotten plastic surgery?
8. Who are the most beautiful/handsome celebrities in your country?
9. What makes someone beautiful?
10. Do you think science can measure beauty?