For kids, going to the hospital can be a terrifying and sometimes boring experience. An interesting innovation from researchers and roboticists may be a good solution- a robot companion. This robot’s creators aim to know if it can can have therapeutic value for hospitalized children. Can it really alleviate sick children’s anxiety, pain and isolation?
Let’s meet this blue bear who’s making sick kids less blue.
1. What do you think of “Huggable”? How does a child respond to it?
2. What suggestions did one of the kids give to make it a better robot companion?
3. How else can we make a doctor’s visit less dreadful for children?
4. Did you enjoy hospital visits when you were a kid? How about now?
Certain states in the US that allow lethal injections are having a challenging time sourcing their substances for their execution. Read the article below to know the reason behind Pfizer’s decision to stop selling specific narcotics used in lethal injections.
1. In your own opinion, is lethal injection humane?
2. Why did several drug company refuse the selling of these drugs to the US government?
3. Is there death penalty in your country? If none, should there be one?
Daylight saving time (DST) has been practiced by some countries as early as 1908. The tradition of adjusting time back during the fall has given joy to most people as it would mean extra time for sleep. But DST can also cause other “side effects”.
Click the link below to learn about the 5 weird effects of Daylight Saving Time.
Watch the video below about how three women decided to conduct an experiment related to gender differences. Express your thoughts afterwards.
1. What is manspreading? What is your viewpoint on this?
2. Is this behaviour natural or is it just an I-can-do-what-I-want attitude?
3. How do you react when a woman beside you spreads her legs when sitting?
4. Is there such thing as gender-based accepted behaviour?
5. How did the women feel about this experiment?
Whether you are a big fan of US TV series or just a couch potato, here’s good news for you. HBO is launching a Spanish service real soon. No specific date yet but officials are saying that it is coming very soon.
Migrating to another country would be a breeze if we all spoke one language and had similar cultures. However, once you leave your home country, you start to realize that things are actually very different.
There are many differences among various cultures across the globe. Your ability and willingness to cope with these differences determine how your experience will be like living and working in a foreign country.
1. Do you agree with the speaker that the best way to compete and succeed in today’s economy is to move to other countries?
2. What are the main reasons people move abroad?
3. What are some of the benefits of working in another country?
4. What do you think are the main challenges people face when working abroad?
5. When is the best time and What’s the ideal amount of time to work abroad? Why?
1. What are the measures that Facebook is taking in order to stop the spread of fake news on their site?
2. What do you think Dave Lee meant when he said, “we’re in completely uncharted territory”?
3. Why is addressing this issue crucial?
4. How can we spot fake news?
5. Tell us about fake news you read or heard of recently.
How important is it really to take care of the customers’ needs? Customer service is making sure a customer is rendered superior quality service and assistance before, during and after a purchase of a product.
1. Do you think this man and his friends are the rightful owners of this territory?
2. Describe Liberland and its government. What do you think of the kind of government it has?
3. Would you like to be a resident of this country?
4. If you were to own a country, what would you name it and how would you try to create a utopia there?
5. Express your thoughts about land disputes.