B2 – Upper Intermediate
Each year, around a hundred thousand metric tons of caffeine are consumed around the world. That’s as heavy as 14 Eiffel Towers! A lot of people consume caffeine because it helps them feel alert, focused, and energetic, even if they are actually lacking sleep.
Discover how caffeine works and what happens when we withdraw from it. Watch the video below:
1. Aside from coffee, what are the other sources of caffeine?
2. What are the side effects of caffeine?
3. Do you believe that caffeine can really help a person to stay awake? Explain your answer.
4. How would you describe Adenosine’s relationship with caffeine?
5. What symptoms do people usually experience upon quitting caffeine?