1. What can cause a lot of stress according to this article?
2. What do you think about this new French law?
3. What are the advantages of this law for the employees? What are the disadvantages of this law for companies?
4. “Stress is the cause of all illness.” Do you agree?
5. Do you think it is possible to avoid stress all the time?
There are currently 32 countries with compulsory voting around the world. They include Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Singapore, Cyprus, Greece, and others. Of these 32 countries, 12 aggressively enforce their mandatory voting laws with penalties of varying kinds, including nominal penalties and small fees of as low as $15 and the deprivation of government services or the freezing of one’s bank account.
Listen to this podcast to know more about exercising our right to vote:
Dreaming is a part of our everyday lives and yet we don’t know much about it. While we don’t fully understand its purpose, a couple of theories might shed some light on us. Why do we dream? Watch the video below to find out:
1. According to the video, what are the possible purposes of dreaming?
2. What do you usually dream about?
3. What do you think are the meaning of your dreams?
4. Do you think dreams can be interpreted?
Aging is a natural process that we are very well aware of. However, the process itself is still poorly understood. How and why exactly do we age? Watch the video to find out:
1. What are the factors that contribute to aging?
2. Like Jeanne Louise Calment, would you like to live for 122 years? Why or why not?
3. How long do you think is the ideal lifespan?
4. Do you think it is possible for people to not age at all?
For many years, people have relied on using pesticides in order to prevent agricultural catastrophes. However, it is not without consequences. What are the negative effects of using pesticides? Watch the video below to find out:
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using pesticides?
2. After banning DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane), do you think Paul Hermann Müller’s Nobel Prize should have been revoked?
3. Are there strict regulations regarding the use of pesticides in your country?
4. What do you think will happen in the event of an agricultural catastrophe?
5. Can you think of alternatives to chemical pesticides not mentioned in the video?
Recently, Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX, made headlines when he revealed that next year SpaceX, the private space exploration company he founded in 2002, intends to fly two paying customers on a mission that would travel to the moon, orbit the moon without landing, and then return to land on Earth.
1. Are you an Uber rider? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of using transportation mobile apps such as this?
2. What other ride-sharing apps are present in your country?
3. In your culture, how important is paying gratuities?
4. What other areas of Uber do you think need attention?
Extra-virgin olive oil is said to “protect memory and learning ability and reduce the formation of amyloid-beta plaques and neurofibrillary tangles in the brain – classic markers of Alzheimer’s disease.”
Read more about the results of this study on the benefits our brains get from olive oil.
1. In your own words, define and describe Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Aside from Alzheimer’s disease, what other conditions exhibit cognitive decline?
3. What are the other benefits of olive oil?
4. Does olive oil have any negative effect on the body?