1. Explain the word “camaraderie” and use it in a sentence.
2. Why are there dogs in the office of Brooke, Reggie, Max and Peggy?
3. What is a tunnelling machine? What are they going to do in the river Thames?
4. What is the new spin that a group put in their yoga class?
5. Have you tried yoga? What do you think about it?
This video is meant to practice both your listening skills and your vocabulary. Feel free to watch the video more than once and take note of words or expressions that are new. Be ready to answer comprehension questions.
1. According to the video, why is it a good idea to use very hot coals when grilling fish? How long should it take the fish to cook (per side)?
2. How should the fish look like once it’s cooked or done?
3. What are the different sauces that Melissa Clark paired her fish with? Why did she choose these sauces?
4. Are you fond of grilling? Have you tried grilling fish?
5. Have you tried hosting a barbecue party during the summer?
Since taking office, President Trump’s administration has been rocking boats and challenging society with new policies. School programs is one of them.
Watch the video below then express your thoughts.
1. What is an after school program and how does it help children?
2. What do you think will happen if budget for after school programs will cease?
3. In your country, are there similar programs to help specific children (or families) in certain communities?
4. What improvements would you like your government to make when it comes to children and their education?
1.What are the negative effects of ageism on an individual?
2. What might be the positive impact of it?
3. Does ageism exist in the workplace in your company and/or country?
4. Talk about a situation when you witnessed ageism happening.
5. What is your stand on this: “this [ageism] isn’t just an issue young people face.“?
1. According to the video, what are problem caused by globalisation?
2. Have you ever worked for a multinational company? If yes, did you enjoy it? If no, would you like to work for a multinational company? Why / why not?
3. Why do you think there has been an increase in multinational companies in the last 50 years?
4. How has this increase impacted on language learning?
5. What are the negative impacts of globalisation?
Singlehood is usually defined as the state of being unmarried. However, the term also applies to having no romantic partner. Some people may assume that to be single means to be unhappy. However, some people prefer to live a single life and find many advantages to it.
Watch the video carefully and discuss the questions:
1. What do you think about Iyanla’s advice? Do you agree with all the advice she give?
2. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of being single?
3. What are the main reasons some people live a single life?
4. Do you think most people that are single are happy or unhappy?
5. Describe the differences in lifestyle of a single person from a married person.
Heart disease generally refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. Other heart conditions, such as those that affect your heart’s muscle, valves or rhythm, also are considered forms of heart disease.
We all feel like failures from time to time. While this is a normal feeling, you have to find a way to see yourself and your life from a different perspective. Sometimes we ignore the “little things.” Just because you are not a millionaire, don’t live in a mansion, and you don’t drive a fancy car, that doesn’t mean you’re a failure. In fact, it’s quite the contrary.
Here are 20 signs that you are succeeding in life: