Watch the video below of a doctor and how his heartbreak helped him become better at his profession. Share some of your experiences as well related to sympathizing and empathizing.
1. At the beginning of the video, the doctor said that his heart had a “giant hole in it.” What did he mean by this? What happened to him?
2. How did the doctor describe his loneliness?
3. Why did the doctor say that the hospital is great place to be in when a person is in pain? What kind of pain was he talking about?
4. How did the doctor describe his experience working at a children’s hospital?
5. How do past experiences in life help us in the present?
1. What is the point of this unique book fair in Bologna?
2. What are other ways we can educate children about migrants and the Syrian war?
3. Are book fairs a popular idea in your country? Have you been to one?
4. What are your preferences in books? Reading materials?
5. What are the advantages of children being exposed to reading books at an early age?
1. What is ‘responsible tourism’? What are your thoughts on this?
2. Do you agree or disagree that “keeping animals in zoos is inhumane”?
3. Why is it important to protect animals and their rights too?
4. Have you ever gone on a package tour? Kindly talk more about it.
5. What are the pros and cons of going on package tours?
1. Why are employees at Pivotal Software required to report to work at exactly 9:06 AM?
2. What do you think of this idea?
3. Would you like such rule to be implemented in your company? Why or why not?
4. Describe your work hours and your typical work day.
5. What are the things that you do to increase your productivity at work?
Work-life balance refers to the balance between a person’s career and his or her personal life. Many people work longer hours and have fewer holidays and days off, in part because of globalization, outsourcing, and a loss of job security. As a result, employees have less time for personal interests, friends and family. Such an imbalance can lead to reduced productivity, depression and high levels of stress. Although the employee makes the choice to work longer hours, the corporate culture is also responsible. Companies should educate their workers on the importance of a healthy work-life balance.
Watch the video carefully and be able to answer the discussion questions below:
Advice is usually a recommendation about what might be thought, said, or otherwise done to address a problem, make a decision, or manage a situation. Everyone needs to ask advice at some stage in their lives, whether it is from family, friends, colleagues, or another trusted individual. Likewise, we all offer advice, assistance and support to someone in need of guidance at some point in time.
Click the link and watch the video. Be able to answer the discussion question that follows:
A game is structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. A toy is an object that can be used for play. Unlike games, there are no rules involved in playing with a toy.
Please click the link and watch the video. Be able to answer the discussion questions below:
Do you feel very worried when dealing with anything related to mathematics? If your answer is yes, keep this in mind: “anxiety is not a reflection of your ability”.
Watch this Ted-Ed video and learn more about mathematical anxiety, what causes it and what the best ways are to deal with it:
1. Explain the concept “growth mindset”. Do you agree with this?
2. What can you do when you suffer from math anxiety?
3. What problems did you have in math and how were you able to conquer it?
4. Are boys innately better at math than girls?
5. What were your best and weakest subjects when you were a student? Why do you think that is?
In Japan, the authorities have been encouraging the older people to give up their licenses to reduce traffic related accidents that involve seniors. A funeral discount is given to them to do the trick. What do you think of this initiative? How successful do you think this strategy will be?
1. How safe are the roads in your country?
2. Who are the most dangerous drivers in your country?
3. What would you do to make roads safer?
4. Should seniors have stickers on their cars to warn other drivers?
5. Should there be an age at which people should stop driving?
6. What kind or driver are you?