Think about how much time you spend each day sitting down. You may sit down throughout the entire working day at a desk in front of a computer. You sit during your commute to and from work. And you sit when you’re watching TV in the evening, or surfing the web.
But is sitting really that risky? Watch the video carefully and be able to answer the questions that follow.
According to the video, why is too much sitting harmful for you?
What are the things that you usually do when sitting down? About how many hours do you sit in a day?
Do you agree that sitting too much can ruin your health? Why or why not?
What are some ways to reduce the health risks of too much sitting?
1. Describe Old Holland and how locals live there.
2. What are the rules they talked about with local tour companies and what do you think about them? What rules for tourists would you add?
3. What responsibilities do you think tourists have?
4. What kind of bad behavior have you observed tourists have when they visit your city/country?
1. What do you think of this perk?
2. What are your thoughts on this statement: “When [IVF] is done purely to protect their job, I think it’s extraordinary that women think this is liberating.”?
3. What unique perks are given to employees at your company?
4. What perks do you want your company to start giving out to its employees?
5. What do you think is the best age to start having children. Tell some reasons why.
1. Explain the word “camaraderie” and use it in a sentence.
2. Why are there dogs in the office of Brooke, Reggie, Max and Peggy?
3. What is a tunnelling machine? What are they going to do in the river Thames?
4. What is the new spin that a group put in their yoga class?
5. Have you tried yoga? What do you think about it?
This video is meant to practice both your listening skills and your vocabulary. Feel free to watch the video more than once and take note of words or expressions that are new. Be ready to answer comprehension questions.
1. According to the video, why is it a good idea to use very hot coals when grilling fish? How long should it take the fish to cook (per side)?
2. How should the fish look like once it’s cooked or done?
3. What are the different sauces that Melissa Clark paired her fish with? Why did she choose these sauces?
4. Are you fond of grilling? Have you tried grilling fish?
5. Have you tried hosting a barbecue party during the summer?
Since taking office, President Trump’s administration has been rocking boats and challenging society with new policies. School programs is one of them.
Watch the video below then express your thoughts.
1. What is an after school program and how does it help children?
2. What do you think will happen if budget for after school programs will cease?
3. In your country, are there similar programs to help specific children (or families) in certain communities?
4. What improvements would you like your government to make when it comes to children and their education?
1.What are the negative effects of ageism on an individual?
2. What might be the positive impact of it?
3. Does ageism exist in the workplace in your company and/or country?
4. Talk about a situation when you witnessed ageism happening.
5. What is your stand on this: “this [ageism] isn’t just an issue young people face.“?
1. According to the video, what are problem caused by globalisation?
2. Have you ever worked for a multinational company? If yes, did you enjoy it? If no, would you like to work for a multinational company? Why / why not?
3. Why do you think there has been an increase in multinational companies in the last 50 years?
4. How has this increase impacted on language learning?
5. What are the negative impacts of globalisation?
Singlehood is usually defined as the state of being unmarried. However, the term also applies to having no romantic partner. Some people may assume that to be single means to be unhappy. However, some people prefer to live a single life and find many advantages to it.
Watch the video carefully and discuss the questions:
1. What do you think about Iyanla’s advice? Do you agree with all the advice she give?
2. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of being single?
3. What are the main reasons some people live a single life?
4. Do you think most people that are single are happy or unhappy?
5. Describe the differences in lifestyle of a single person from a married person.
Heart disease generally refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. Other heart conditions, such as those that affect your heart’s muscle, valves or rhythm, also are considered forms of heart disease.