B2 – Upper intermediate
Are you the type of person who has a money app on his phone and keeps track of every expense? Or is it more common for you to go shopping impulsively?
Read the article below to find out what kind of person you are when it comes to money.
1. What did the article say about being a saver and being a spender?
2. After reading the article, where would you put yourself?
3. What are some of the things you mostly spend on?
4. What are some of the things that you are willing to save for? Or invest in?
C1 – Advanced
Does it really matter when prices go up 5 to 20 cents more?
Like any business, Starbucks has the power to raise its prices. Read the article and watch the video to learn how Starbucks is doing in the marketplace.
1. Is Starbucks popular in your country? What are the other big coffee chains or coffee bars that are doing well in your country?
2. Why do people keep on coming back to Starbucks despite the price increase?
3. According to the article, where does Starbucks put its money?
C2 – Proficient
Have you ever thought of your retirement? We all age and would need to leave our jobs to enjoy our savings and life after years of work, but have we really given it a thought?
Let’s check a scenario and possible ways on how we can keep our retirement on track.
1. What is the age for mandatory retirement in your country?
2. Where would you like to spend your retirement years? Why?
3. In your culture, do the children have to support their parents financially after they retire?
4. What are the three (3) things you would like to accomplish/have before and after you retire?
C1 – Advanced
People around the world work with minimum wage. A minimum wage is the lowest daily or monthly remuneration that employers may legally pay to workers. Which country has the best minimum wage in the world? Let’s take a look!
1. What is the minimum wage in your country?
2. What do you think should be the ideal minimum wage in your country?
3. How does salary affect the performance of an individual at work?