The single most important thing an individual can do for their health, for the environment, and for the sake of the innocent animals is to adopt a vegetarian diet. Here are the Top 10 reasons to give vegetarian eating a try:
Click the link and be able to discuss the questions below:
1. Are you or have you ever been a vegetarian? Why? Why not?
2. Do you have a family member or a close friend who is a vegetarian? How do you feel about it? Is it difficult to cook for them?
3. What are some reasons that people choose to be vegetarian?
4. Do you agree with the author’s reasons why we should go vegetarian?
5. Why vegetarianism has become more fashionable these days? Isn’t it just a fad?
6. Is it good to be a vegetarian for some periods of time for the sake of our health?
7. What’s your opinion on a strict vegetarian? Is it healthy?
A Silicon Valley start-up Impossible Foods make burgers entirely from plants. The burger is made from all natural ingredient and a special ingredient called heme. Heme makes the meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty.
A butcher, a cardiologist, a vegan and a technology reporter put the burger to a test. Let’s find out what they think of it:
1. How did the people in the video react?
2. What do you think of the Impossible Burger? What makes it special?
3. How much do you like burgers? Would you try this burger?
They are good for our bodies. They are rich in essential vitamins and nutrients but low in fat and calories. They are a good source of fiber. Vegetables -or fondly called veggies- are key to a healthy diet. However, there are many people who despise them.
Find out how we can make eating vegetables more enticing.
1. What do you think of this idea? Why do you think it’s effective?
2. What are the benefits of eating vegetables?
3. How can we get people to eat more vegetables?
4. Do labels affect your perception of a dish?
This video is meant to practice both your listening skills and your vocabulary. Feel free to watch the video more than once and take note of words or expressions that are new. Be ready to answer comprehension questions.
1. According to the video, why is it a good idea to use very hot coals when grilling fish? How long should it take the fish to cook (per side)?
2. How should the fish look like once it’s cooked or done?
3. What are the different sauces that Melissa Clark paired her fish with? Why did she choose these sauces?
4. Are you fond of grilling? Have you tried grilling fish?
5. Have you tried hosting a barbecue party during the summer?
Wine has been around for as long as we can remember. And most of the time we’re after the taste. Watch the video below of a discussion about wine bottles and the issue of changing them.
1. According to the video, why are wine bottles changing?
2. Describe the wine the presenter and guest tasted.
3. The presenter mentioned the word “hipster”. What do you think it means?
4. What did the guest say about retailers and wine bottles?
5. What are your preferences when it comes to wine and other alcoholic beverages?
Who doesn’t want to have meal rated by the Michelin guide? We all are interested as to why a certain dish was given a star or two, but keeping in mind that it just might break the bank. Interestingly enough, Singapore offers something else.
Read the article below to know more about a cheap yet very tasty serving of noodle.
1. Discuss the restaurant and food of Chan Hon Meng.
2. Have you experienced eating at a Michelin-starred restaurant? How was that experience?
3. What are some of the local food joints that you enjoy going to?
4. What new cuisines would you like to explore or try?
“Health is wealth.” is a common English expression. But how can we maintain good health in the midst of our busy lives? Apparently, we can. All we need to do is to be aware of what we are eating. Find out from this link about a new study of packaging in fast food restaurants.
1. Summarize what was written in the article.
2. Take a look at the pictures and make comments.
3. What are the side effects of fluorine in our body?
4. What should we do to avoid exposure from fluorine in fast food restaurants?
5. What are the long term effects of taking care of your health?
When the government is helping the big corporations win, the smaller guys continue to struggle. Watch the video below about a protest that some farmers made against the European Union’s decision regarding milk production and selling.
1. Explain why the farmers decided to spray an EU building with milk powder.
2. How’s the agriculture business/industry in your country?
3. Do you think the European Union’s action to “stabilize the market” was a good one?
4. What are some agricultural products that you import from other countries?
5. What’s an ideal way to help local farmers survive in today’s world?