B2 – Upper Intermediate
When you think of a workspace, the cubicles in a traditional office are probably the first thing that comes to your mind. Following Uber and Airbnb, the sharing economy has brought a new kind of work environment to the United States and the world in recent years.
It’s not a bar, nor a coffee shop. And it’s not your bedroom. It’s a so-called co-working space, where an increasing number of Americans work. WeWork is one of the providers of such environments.
1. What does Carl Pierre think the advantages of such a workspace are?
2. What do you think about the concept of co-working spaces?
3. What does your workspace look like?
4. Do you prefer working outdoors or in an office? Why?
5. Do you think that, in the future, all business will be conducted from a co-working space? Why or why not?
6. Do you think that, in the future, offices will become obsolete because of the Internet? Why or why not?