B2 – Upper Intermediate
Trying to understand someone who does not speak your language could now be a thing of the past, thanks to some groundbreaking gadgets that claim to translate foreign languages in real-time. Imagine how easy it will be to communicate with people from any parts of the world without breaking a sweat. However, the rise of this technology should not replace learning languages and stop people from doing so.
Click the link below to know the most accurate reasons for that.
1. According to the text, why should translation technology not replace learning languages?
2. What are your thoughts on translation technology?
How much do you rely on translation tools?
3. Besides English, what other languages are you learning or do you want to learn?
4. Give an example of a Spanish word, phrase, or idiom that is often mistranslated to other languages.
5. As you see it, should or should not translation technology replace learning languages?