Times these days are hard. Something most people think that can help make things so much better is getting very fortunate one day and winning the lottery. The million dollar question is, “Would winning the lottery make you happier?”.
Watch the video to find out.
1. What does the article say about happiness and sadness?
2. Have you been very happy? What made you very happy and how long did it last? How about being sad?
3. How would winning a million dollars/euros? Do you think it will make you happier for the rest of your life?
After few weeks or a month-long holiday some employees feel sad and depress of the workload that they left. This sensation is called post-vacation syndrome (PVS) or post-vacation blues it is a type of mood that persons returning home from a long trip (usually a vacation) may experience.
In this video, we will tackle how to overcome Post-Vacation Blues and bounce back immediately after your summer vacation. Watch the video below and be ready to answer the questions that follow.
1. What are the symptoms of post-vacation syndrome?
2. What are the ways to prevent PVS according to the video?
3. Do you sometimes spend time working for few hours during your vacation?
4. Do you have a lot of work load after your vacation?
5. What do you think are the pros and cons of “Workcation” (working from a vacation destination)?
1. Describe Allan Hennessy.
2. What are his challenges and how did he overcome them?
3. What is his life story about?
4. What lessons did you learn from his life?
5. Have you ever broken free from labels and stereotypes?
A Silicon Valley start-up Impossible Foods make burgers entirely from plants. The burger is made from all natural ingredient and a special ingredient called heme. Heme makes the meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty.
A butcher, a cardiologist, a vegan and a technology reporter put the burger to a test. Let’s find out what they think of it:
1. How did the people in the video react?
2. What do you think of the Impossible Burger? What makes it special?
3. How much do you like burgers? Would you try this burger?
Dreaming is a part of our everyday lives and yet we don’t know much about it. While we don’t fully understand its purpose, a couple of theories might shed some light on us. Why do we dream? Watch the video below to find out:
1. According to the video, what are the possible purposes of dreaming?
2. What do you usually dream about?
3. What do you think are the meaning of your dreams?
4. Do you think dreams can be interpreted?
Aging is a natural process that we are very well aware of. However, the process itself is still poorly understood. How and why exactly do we age? Watch the video to find out:
1. What are the factors that contribute to aging?
2. Like Jeanne Louise Calment, would you like to live for 122 years? Why or why not?
3. How long do you think is the ideal lifespan?
4. Do you think it is possible for people to not age at all?
For many years, people have relied on using pesticides in order to prevent agricultural catastrophes. However, it is not without consequences. What are the negative effects of using pesticides? Watch the video below to find out:
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using pesticides?
2. After banning DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane), do you think Paul Hermann Müller’s Nobel Prize should have been revoked?
3. Are there strict regulations regarding the use of pesticides in your country?
4. What do you think will happen in the event of an agricultural catastrophe?
5. Can you think of alternatives to chemical pesticides not mentioned in the video?