When you are an adult with a family, balance is something hard to find. A balance between your work and family seems impossible to do when you work 40 hours a week not to mention the time you spend on commuting from your house to work and vice versa.
Let’s read the article below and discuss how to have a successful career and a happy family.
Advertisements can subtlely convey a message to the viewers. A veteran South African politician said, “Adverts create a role model that people look up to, even mimic and try to be like.” Do you think the government should do something to regulate ads? Let’s read the article below and talk about female stereotypes in ads.
1.Do you think that advertisements are more influential than movies, books, or online content? Why? Why not?
2.Why do you think stereotyping is such a common practice?
3.Would you agree that “adverts create a role model that people look up to?” Why? Why not?
4.Do you think that ads can influence how kids and young adults think about their body?
Technology has helped us gain more free time. In this day and age, we have all kinds of distractions that cause bad habits that we need to cut down whether it is binge-watching your favorite TV series or drinking alcohol.
Some people say that what you do in your free time actually determines your future. Well, you don’t have to fret or worry. The good thing is that you can take control of your free time and use it wisely to help you be more successful. Please watch the video below and let’s talk.
1. What are the 4 best things to do in your free time that is cited in the video?
2. How many hours of free time do you have in a day before and after you finish your work?
2. What do you do in your free time?
3. Out of the 4 things to do in the video, what do you want to practice more?
4. In your opinion, what’s the reason why people don’t manage their free time well?
5. Do you agree with the quote, “What you do in your free time determines what you’ll be doing when you don’t have a choice.”
Global XPrize aims to help the poorest children of the world to learn how to read and write by developing a user-friendly app. They will test the winning app with thousands of children in Africa by using a tablet to learn.
Let us know your opinion after reading the full article and watching the video.
1. What are your thoughts on the Global XPrize competition?
2. Do you think that children will be able to teach themselves basic educational skills with only a tablet? Why? Why not?
3. Would you describe the U.N.’s goal to provide “universal primary and secondary education by 2030” as realistic? Why? Why not?
4. Do you think that computers will play a major role in education in the near future? Why? Why not?
5. Would you say that teachers are an essential part of the education system? Why? Why not?
6. Do you think it’s necessary to use tablets and apps to teach children how to read and write?
Undeniably, air pollution has been a problem in every country around the world. No wonder a lot of car companies are heading for electric and hybrid cars in the future. Just recently, the UK has announced its plans to fight air pollution by banning petrol and diesel cars starting 2040.
Is it a good idea or will it be a little too late by then? Let’s read the article below and let us know your opinion about the subject.
1. What do you think about Britain’s plan to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2040?
2. Would you support such a ban in your country? Why? Why not?
3. How long do you think it will be before all cars on the road are electric? Why?
4. Do you believe that electric cars will be cheaper to maintain than ICE cars by 2025-2029? Why? Why not?
5. What do you think governments should do to encourage people to buy electric cars?
6. Why do you think some people are still skeptical about electric cars?
We all have bad habits that we want to get rid of. Have you ever tried changing your behavior and end up going back to it again after few days or months? Then maybe you are not doing it right.
Let’s take a look at this video and learn from the life story of Lucas. Prepare to discuss your thoughts after watching.
1. How did Lucas become more self-disciplined?
2. What kind of behaviors do you want to change?
3. Is it difficult for you to resist temptations?
4. Are you consistent with your good habits? If no, why? If yes, then how do you remain consistent?
1. What do you think about Siesta & Go’s nap bar?
2. Would you be interested in visiting a nap bar? Why? Why not?
3. Are you able to sleep anywhere? Why? Why not?
4. Do you think that naps are beneficial for one’s health? Why? Why not?
5. Are there napping spaces in your town or city? If so, please describe how they work. If not, do you think there should be one? Why? Why not?
After few weeks or a month-long holiday some employees feel sad and depress of the workload that they left. This sensation is called post-vacation syndrome (PVS) or post-vacation blues it is a type of mood that persons returning home from a long trip (usually a vacation) may experience.
In this video, we will tackle how to overcome Post-Vacation Blues and bounce back immediately after your summer vacation. Watch the video below and be ready to answer the questions that follow.
1. What are the symptoms of post-vacation syndrome?
2. What are the ways to prevent PVS according to the video?
3. Do you sometimes spend time working for few hours during your vacation?
4. Do you have a lot of work load after your vacation?
5. What do you think are the pros and cons of “Workcation” (working from a vacation destination)?
It is summertime again and what better way to cool off on a hot summer’s day than to go to the beach? If you find yourself in Europe this summer, here are ten beaches that would make your vacation a memorable one.
Let’s read the article and start a discussion about it. Please it through the link below:
1. Have you ever been to the beaches listed in the article? If not, which beach would you like to visit and why?
2. What’s the nicest beach you’ve ever been to? Please share your experience.
3. What’s your favorite activity to do at the beach? Why?
4. What do you think is the best way to spend your summer vacation?
5. Do you prefer summer or winter vacations? Why?