1. Explain the word “camaraderie” and use it in a sentence.
2. Why are there dogs in the office of Brooke, Reggie, Max and Peggy?
3. What is a tunnelling machine? What are they going to do in the river Thames?
4. What is the new spin that a group put in their yoga class?
5. Have you tried yoga? What do you think about it?
This video is meant to practice both your listening skills and your vocabulary. Feel free to watch the video more than once and take note of words or expressions that are new. Be ready to answer comprehension questions.
1. According to the video, why is it a good idea to use very hot coals when grilling fish? How long should it take the fish to cook (per side)?
2. How should the fish look like once it’s cooked or done?
3. What are the different sauces that Melissa Clark paired her fish with? Why did she choose these sauces?
4. Are you fond of grilling? Have you tried grilling fish?
5. Have you tried hosting a barbecue party during the summer?
Since taking office, President Trump’s administration has been rocking boats and challenging society with new policies. School programs is one of them.
Watch the video below then express your thoughts.
1. What is an after school program and how does it help children?
2. What do you think will happen if budget for after school programs will cease?
3. In your country, are there similar programs to help specific children (or families) in certain communities?
4. What improvements would you like your government to make when it comes to children and their education?
Watch the video below of a doctor and how his heartbreak helped him become better at his profession. Share some of your experiences as well related to sympathizing and empathizing.
1. At the beginning of the video, the doctor said that his heart had a “giant hole in it.” What did he mean by this? What happened to him?
2. How did the doctor describe his loneliness?
3. Why did the doctor say that the hospital is great place to be in when a person is in pain? What kind of pain was he talking about?
4. How did the doctor describe his experience working at a children’s hospital?
5. How do past experiences in life help us in the present?
1. What is the point of this unique book fair in Bologna?
2. What are other ways we can educate children about migrants and the Syrian war?
3. Are book fairs a popular idea in your country? Have you been to one?
4. What are your preferences in books? Reading materials?
5. What are the advantages of children being exposed to reading books at an early age?
Es necesario estar registrado en phone english para realizar este test. Si tu nombre no aparece en el campo debes loguearte aqui. El test tiene una duración de 10 minutos como máximo y una vez iniciado el tiempo no se puede detener. Haga click en Start Quiz! para iniciar.
1. What is the “mehrieh” system and how is it affecting husbands?
2. What is the Iranian government doing to combat the problems in the “mehrieh” system?
3. Does your country have very strict rules when it comes to divorce and separation?
4. Are there cultural practices in your country regarding marriage that you think should be changed?
1. Tell the story of Kamanda Tharcisse. How has Rugby helped him?
2. How did rugby reach Rwanda? Who are the other people involved in the foundation Friends of Rwandan Rugby?
3. How is rugny fairing in your country?
4. Aside from sports, what other activities can help heal or recuperate people who have gone through traumatic events.
1. According to the podcast, what is romanticism? How did it affect us?
2. What did the podcast say about love today?
3. What is your opinion about Valentine’s Day?
4. How would you define relationship?