B2 – Upper intermediate
Scientists believe the spice turmeric could help the brain to heal itself. Researchers from the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine in Germany examined the effects of properties found in turmeric on rats. Dr Laura Phipps, from the charity Alzheimer’s Research UK said that it was too early to decide whether or not the research will be groundbreaking.
1. Are you familiar with the spice turmeric?
2. What do you think are the other health benefits of herbs and spices we usually use for cooking?
3. Do you think that turmeric can heal degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer?
4. Do you take multivitamins or supplements to keep you stay healthy?
5. Have you tried Indian food or curry?