B2 – Upper Intermediate
Bargaining or haggling is a type of negotiation in which the buyer and seller of a good or service debate the price of a transaction. Not all purchases are open to bargaining. Typical places where bargaining is common include markets, antique shops, and second-hand car shops.
Click the link and read a few guidelines to help us get the best bargain. Answer the discussion questions that follow:
- Is bargaining an acceptable practice in your country?
- In what kinds of shops is it acceptable?
- Do you like to bargain?
- What sort of things have you bargained for?
- What’s the best bargain you have got?
- What strategies did you use?
- Have you ever been ripped off?
- What is the bargaining etiquette in your country?
- What other negotiating do you do in your everyday life?
- What are some reasons people give for wanting a price reduction?