B1 – Intermediate
Here’s an interesting history about the train network in London. Read the article and study the highlighted words. Be ready to answer discussion questions.
1. In your own words re-tell the story behind the London Underground. How was it used during the Second World War?
2. How reliable is the train network in your country?
3. Does your train network have its own history? An architectural value?
4. What monuments in your city or country have been restored over the years? How important are these monuments?
5. What other historical places do you find interesting and intriguing?