Isn’t it puzzling or hilarious hearing news about someone dying because he took pictures of himself while on thin ice or in a dangerous spot? How ironic that we risk our lives just to make others like or envy us on social media.
1. Are you fond of taking selfies?
2. Will you be willing to risk your life to get a picture of yourself hanging on the edge of a cliff?
3. Is there such things as taking too many selfies? Or do you think that people should just mind their own businesses?
4. When on holiday, do you enjoy taking photos?
It has been more than a decade since car makers started focusing on producing diesel vehicles thinking that these cars are excellent for the environment. According to some recent scientific evidences, this is not exactly the case, and there are even pleads to decrease the number of diesel cars in several cities.
Diesel sales were already waning. Needless to say, this controversy came at a bad time. Find out more about this scandal on this BBC article:
1. What are thoughts on this scandal involving Volkswagen?
2. How has this accusation affected the company and other car manufacturers?
3. In your country, do a lot of people drive a VW car? Or do they prefer other brands?
4. What are your preferences when it comes to cars?
1. What springs to mind when you hear the term ‘social networking’?
2. What are the pros and cons of social networking?
3. Are social networking sites for people who aren’t good at meeting people face to face?
4. Have you ever tried to find friends on a social networking site?
1. Is poverty a big issue in your country?
2. Would you say that there is a big gap in Spain between the rich and the poor?
3. Are you able to see your taxes at work?
4. What are ways for government to solve poverty?
1. Summarize the discussion about skinny models.
2. Do you think that agencies should be responsible for their models?
3. Do very skinny models really give out a negative impression on children and young adults?
4. How would the fashion industry change if female models were not as skinny?
1. Are you diet- conscious?
2. The article mentions dementia. What do you know about dementia?
3. How do you think poor memory affects ones life?
4. Do you think taking supplements is a good idea, or should you get your vitamins from just food?
Education is an enlightening experience we all deserve to have. Countries worldwide aim to have high literacy rate thus proper education should be catered to the citizens. However, in India, some textbooks were found with worrying information.
Read the article below to check some of the bizarre information in their textbooks.
Online shopping has gained popularity over the years. It is efficient, hassle-free and you don’t have to leave the comforts of your own home. Amazon is one of the most popular internet shopping sites in the world. It operates its own websites in Europe, Asia and South America.
Read the article below to know a little more about Amazon.
In China, being Caucasian can open doors to a Hollywood style career. With thousands of high-rise apartment units to sell, housing developers have turned to talent agencies that specialize in renting out foreigners to clients. A white face is supposed to make a place “truly international” which should then translate into sales.
Watch the video and see how the Chinese use image to solve the real estate glut and in the process transform the average Joe into a celebrity of sorts.
1. Do you think foreigners being made to pretend to be people they are not is acceptable?
2. Can you think of an experience you’ve had whereby you were treated in a special way because of the color of your skin?
3. Why do you think the Chinese associate white people with prestige?
4. Would you agree to be a foreigner for rent in China? Why or why not?
1. Explain the situation of Denver when it comes to smoking marijuana? How different is it from Amsterdam?
2. What is the intention of legalizing marijuana in bars and restaurants?
3. What is your take on legalizing marijuana?
4. How do you feel about legalizing other practices such as prostitution and illegal drug use?