B1 – Intermediate
People go on special diets for different reasons. Some take it way too far though.
Fad diet, also known as diet cult, promises weight loss or other health benefits such as longer life without any scientific basis, and is often characterized by highly restrictive or unusual food choices.
Get more information about different examples of fad diets and some issues associated with them here:
1. Talk about your regular diet.
2. Have you ever been on a diet?
3. In your opinion, how important is exercising as part of a diet?
4. Is it important to track one’s weight? Why or why not?
5. Are dietary habits in your country changing?
6. Why are people so worried about the way their body looks?