Doping means to administer drugs, known as performing-enhancement drugs (PED), to an animal or athlete in order to inhibit or enhance sporting performance. There are numerous reports of the use of PEDs in various sporting events, which led to banning of the condemned players.
Do you get energized when in an outer world or inner world? Are you outgoing or inward? Do you prefer a wide range of friends or are you reflective? Or maybe, you could do both things and be one and the other at the same time. Watch the video to get down pat.
1. What are the differences of extroverts and introverts?
2. Do you think one personality is better than the other? Give the advantages and disadvantages of the two types of personalities.
Each year, around a hundred thousand metric tons of caffeine are consumed around the world. That’s as heavy as 14 Eiffel Towers! A lot of people consume caffeine because it helps them feel alert, focused, and energetic, even if they are actually lacking sleep.
Discover how caffeine works and what happens when we withdraw from it. Watch the video below:
1. Aside from coffee, what are the other sources of caffeine?
2. What are the side effects of caffeine?
3. Do you believe that caffeine can really help a person to stay awake? Explain your answer.
4. How would you describe Adenosine’s relationship with caffeine?
5. What symptoms do people usually experience upon quitting caffeine?
Global XPrize aims to help the poorest children of the world to learn how to read and write by developing a user-friendly app. They will test the winning app with thousands of children in Africa by using a tablet to learn.
Let us know your opinion after reading the full article and watching the video.
1. What are your thoughts on the Global XPrize competition?
2. Do you think that children will be able to teach themselves basic educational skills with only a tablet? Why? Why not?
3. Would you describe the U.N.’s goal to provide “universal primary and secondary education by 2030” as realistic? Why? Why not?
4. Do you think that computers will play a major role in education in the near future? Why? Why not?
5. Would you say that teachers are an essential part of the education system? Why? Why not?
6. Do you think it’s necessary to use tablets and apps to teach children how to read and write?
Times these days are hard. Something most people think that can help make things so much better is getting very fortunate one day and winning the lottery. The million dollar question is, “Would winning the lottery make you happier?”.
Watch the video to find out.
1. What does the article say about happiness and sadness?
2. Have you been very happy? What made you very happy and how long did it last? How about being sad?
3. How would winning a million dollars/euros change your life? Do you think it will make you happier for the rest of your life?
After few weeks or a month-long holiday some employees feel sad and depress of the workload that they left. This sensation is called post-vacation syndrome (PVS) or post-vacation blues it is a type of mood that persons returning home from a long trip (usually a vacation) may experience.
In this video, we will tackle how to overcome Post-Vacation Blues and bounce back immediately after your summer vacation. Watch the video below and be ready to answer the questions that follow.
1. What are the symptoms of post-vacation syndrome?
2. What are the ways to prevent PVS according to the video?
3. Do you sometimes spend time working for few hours during your vacation?
4. Do you have a lot of work load after your vacation?
5. What do you think are the pros and cons of “Workcation” (working from a vacation destination)?
1. Describe Allan Hennessy.
2. What are his challenges and how did he overcome them?
3. What is his life story about?
4. What lessons did you learn from his life?
5. Have you ever broken free from labels and stereotypes?
A Silicon Valley start-up Impossible Foods make burgers entirely from plants. The burger is made from all natural ingredient and a special ingredient called heme. Heme makes the meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty.
A butcher, a cardiologist, a vegan and a technology reporter put the burger to a test. Let’s find out what they think of it:
1. How did the people in the video react?
2. What do you think of the Impossible Burger? What makes it special?
3. How much do you like burgers? Would you try this burger?